In honor of National Spinach Day (March 26th), for March Madness, or just for fun, try this Low-fat Spinach Dip.
|6 oz of fresh spinach||1 tsp. garlic powder||1 tsp. lemon juice|
|1 tsp. chili powder||¼ cup of green onion, chopped||1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt|
|Optional: You can use Non-fat or low-fat sour cream in place of yogurt|
- Rinse and prepare green vegetables. Gently rub onions and spinach under cold running water
- Put spinach in a skillet and saute until wilted. Let cool.
- Cut spinach into small pieces.
- Combine chili powder, garlic powder, green onion, lemon juice, yogurt, and spinach.
- Place in a serving dish, cover, and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Serve with low-fat crackers such as whole wheat or with fresh vegetables
- Stored refrigerated in a covered container.