YIELDS: 1 loaf
COOK TIME: 1 hour
TOTAL TIME: 1 hour 10 mins
½ cup butter, melted, plus more for pan
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, divided, plus more for dusting pan
I tbsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp of baking soda
½ tsp of baking powder
¼ tsp of kosher salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup and 3 tbsp granulated sugar, divided
¼ sour cream
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk, divided
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
6 oz. cream cream, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter and flour a 9×5” loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 1 cup flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In another large bowl, combine pumpkin, 1 cup sugar, melted butter, sour cream, 1 egg and 1 egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Pour wet ingredients over dry and fold until completely combined.
- Make cream cheese filling: in a small bowl, stir together cream cheese and remaining egg, 2 tablespoons flour, and 3 tablespoons sugar.
- Transfer half the pumpkin batter to the prepared pan. Dollop cream cheese filling on top and smoother in an even layer with a spatula. Top evenly with remaining pumpkin batter.
- Bake until deeply golden and a toothpick comes out clean, typically 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Let cool at least 10 minutes before serving.