3 c. graham cracker crumbs (about 20 full-sheet graham crackers)
12 tbsp. melted butter
1/2 c. granulated sugar
Pinch kosher salt
Devil’s food cake mix, plus ingredients called for on box
1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350° and line two 12-cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Make cupcakes: Combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and salt in small bowl. Press about 1 tablespoon of mixture into each cupcake liner to make mini crusts.
- Prepare cake mix according to box instructions and divide batter between liners and bake for a couple minutes less than the box instructs, about 16 minutes.
- While the cupcakes are baking, make a quick ganache: Place chocolate chips in a medium, heatproof bowl and set aside. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips, whisking constantly until smooth.
- When cupcakes are almost done baking, pull them out and spoon about a tablespoon of ganache onto each cupcake, then top each with a marshmallow. (If it feels unwieldy, place the marshmallow on its side.) Return trays to oven and bake—watching closely! —until marshmallows are golden and very soft, 4 to 5 minutes more.